The Dairy Moving Forward project is managed by a steering committee Chaired by the President of the Australian Dairy Farmers and comprises senior members from Dairy Australia, the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture, the Victorian Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources, the Gardiner Foundation, the United Dairyfarmers of Victoria, the Australian Dairy Products Federation and the Regional Development Programs.
The national framework structure through Dairy Moving Forward has become widely accepted as the basis for coordinated RD&E in the industry. The objective of the national framework is to develop, oversee and guide the coordination and alignment of research, development and extension in the dairy industry and to ensure the outcomes of investments in RD&E address the industry agreed priorities.
The Dairy Moving Forward project is divided into the five program areas of:
- Animal Performance - Dairy farmers confidently managing animal performance to deliver farm profit, health and welfare outcomes;
- Feedbase and Animal Nutrition - Dairy farmers growing profitability through improved management of their Feedbase and Animal Nutrition;
- People - The dairy industry has the people it needs;
- Land Water Carbon - Dairy farmers managing animal, land and water resources to minimise environmental impact whilst enhancing profit; and
- Farm System and Business Management - Dairy industry will be increasingly seen as a valid pathway for long term wealth creation
For more information please contact Ross Bawden (DA)
Dairy Capability 2016 Final Report Vol.1 Dec (pdf, 2.1MB)