Forest & Wood Products
This Stratergy provides an opportunity to gain greater recognition for the challenges facing RD&E capability in the forest and wood products sector and to develop coordinated approaches for addressing investment levels, sustaining or developing research capability, improving information sharing and ensuring cost-effective and efficient RD&E.
Underlying this RD&E strategy is a vision of profitable, innovative, competitive and sustainable forest industries. Key areas where the strategy will contribute to industry outcomes, which, in turn, will help achieve this vision, are:
- enhanced competitiveness of forest products vis-à-vis other materials based on performance and environmental footprint
- sustainability measures that are scientifically robust, operationally feasible, easily understood and relevant to the community and broader user groups
- capacity and capability for resource expansion and the utilisation of new wood resources
- adoption of improved forest management practices through a culture of continuous improvement and learning
- a biosecure forest industry
- increased accessibility of information through a variety of mechanisms.
For more information please contact Ric Sinclair (FWPA)